Extended Returns Policy (30 Days Money-Back-Guarantee)
§IV Extended Right of Withdrawal
1. In addition to the 14-day legal right of withdrawal, Leihinstrumente.de offers an additional 16-day money-back guarantee for consumers (as defined in §13 of the BGB). You may return an article received from us without providing reasons within 30 days by sending it back. The 30-day period begins after you have received these instructions in written form (e.g., as a letter, fax, e-mail) and the article and after you have fulfilled all duties to inform in distance contracts and e-commerce (see §III, clause 1). In order to meet the deadline for the guarantee, it is sufficient to send back the article or the demand for return on time. You may only exercise your right of withdrawal by sending back the article, unless the article cannot be shipped as a parcel. If the article is not suitable for shipment, we will engage a transport company to pick it up.
2. The goods must be returned at the customer's own expense.
3. The right of withdrawal only applies to orders for shrink-wrapped or sealed data carriers such as CDs, audio cassettes, videos, and DVDs as well as newspapers, magazines, and software if the article in question is sent back to us in the original shrink-wrapping or with an intact seal.
4. The right of withdrawal does not apply to articles produced according to the customer’s specifications, goods sold by the meter, articles subject to wear and tear (e.g., strings, sticks, drumheads, cables, plectra, sheets), or articles that cannot be taken back for hygienic reasons (e.g., harmonicas).
5. Furthermore, a customer who makes use of his or her right of withdrawal shall compensate Leihinstrumente.de for the partial or complete loss in value of the article if the customer cannot send it back in proper condition because he or she is responsible for its deterioration or destruction or for any other circumstances that render it impossible to return the article. This does not apply if the deterioration resulted exclusively from testing the article – as the customer would be able to do in a retail business. Furthermore, the customer may avoid the duty to compensate for a loss in the value of the article by not using it as if it were his or her own property and by refraining from doing anything that diminishes its value.
6. Please note that these terms and conditions (§IV of the General Terms and Conditions of Leihinstrumente.de) do not apply in the first 14 days (legal right of revocation under §III of the General Terms and Conditions of Leihinstrumente.de) of the money-back guarantee but only in the subsequent 16 days.